Tuesday, March 1, 2016

STOLEN AND ALTERED DESIGNS ... with an UPDATE!!!!

THE BELTWAY BANDIT IS ON THE MOVE...ABOVE IS MY DESIGN FOR A BRICK COVER THAT SHE HAS NOT ONLY STOLEN ...BUT HAS HAD IT PAINTED WITH DIFFERENT BACKGROUND COLORS AND THEY ARE DISPLAYED WITH AT LEAST 11 OTHER  DESIGNS
THAT SHE DOES NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO REPRODUCE AND SELL......THEY ARE PART OF AN ONGOING TRUNK SHOW   AT  TH E NEEDLEPOINTER IN EVERETT , WASHINGTON

DOES SHE THINK I WON'T NOTICE OR A FRIEND WILL NOT INFORM ME......WELL CONSIDERING ALL THE DESIGNS SHE HAS STOLEN ....I GUESS I SHOULD BE THANKFUL
FOR THE SMALL NUMBERS THIS SHOP IS PROUDLY DISPLAYING...WE ARE CONTACTING "THE NEEDLEPOINTER" AND INFORMING THEM OF THE STATUS OF THESE STOLEN DESIGNS.... WE WILL LET YOU KNOW THEIR RESPONSE

UPDATE---WEDNESDAY

   I did send an email to this shop with pictures and my stock numbers,
 but I have received no response.  I guess they don't mind showing and
selling stolen designs at their shop.  This tells you a lot about the general
tone of this industry.  I bet they would be screaming like banshees if
someone was attempting to market one of their stitch guides without their
consent.  Presumably, all the artists that create  these designs that they
profit from, just don't measure up on the food chain.
   Be forewarned, needlepoint artists, it can happen to any one of you!
More at a later time.

     

No comments: