Thursday, March 10, 2016

AND A HAPPY THURSDAY MORNING TO YOU!

   Yes, I  do realized that I could have used the term
"Throw Back Thursday", but it's become just as over
 used as that "Keep Calm" phrase. But since Mr.
Squiggee had so much fun with his blog yesterday he
thought he might commandeer Gail's blog for a couple
of days. Miss Gail has a touch of the flu that has been
making the rounds.  So I shall keep the dogs quiet and
just let her sleep.  You know how these things go when
you are congested.  Rough nights sleep.  Anyway,you
will just have to put up with one of my diatribes for
today.  Deal!
   Obviously, if you read my blog yesterday, I am now
persona non gratis in certain circles.An agitator, so to
speak. So, in keeping with tradition, I offer you the
following:

    We have been receiving several of those nonsensical
emails from the folks at the TNNA.  The summer market
show will take place in Washington D.C. on June 11
through June 13th.  Initially I do not read these emails
when they come in.  I wait until I receive about six of
them before I open and read them.  Two of these emails
were about some new and supposedly progressive
scheme called a "webinar". On further investigation I 
discovered that this particular affectation was the
brainchild of a "creative marketing guru".  I kid you
not. Is there some sort of school that you attend
and graduated from that actually certifies this on
your diploma?  I don't know what it is either, but for
$30 a pop you can also be amazed.
   Another one of these emails stated the following
TNNA survey that was recently done online.;
The topic:  "How to Reach Fiber Artists"..  I got a
hot one for these folks.  Maybe you should go back to
printing the yearly directory and sending it out to all
those members that have sent in their dues.  The last
was printed in April or May of 2014.  This one was even
more absurd than the marketing guru. It provided
so semblance of data from the survey.  At the top of
this survey was email newsletters.  I don't know about
you, but we receive somewhere between 80 and 90
emails a day.  Many of them come in as spam or
as a promotional item and, generally speaking, they
get dumped without even bothering to open them up
And I rather doubt that many people in this line
of business have the inclination to open up and
peruse all of this type of email.  There are nine
categories listed in this survey, but not one of these
mentioned involves actually picking up a telephone
and actually making one on one contact with a shop
or an artist.  That would be my first choice.  And
anything that follows would just be the natural
progression of doing business.
   These emails are also the clearest form of double
speak that the PR world in such overwhelming
volume.    Hang on, I have to go check on my patient.

No comments: