Thursday, December 3, 2015

Another Club Bites The Dust ....



Now you could say the cartoon above is abusive...I guess if you are an egg or a chicken.......
But Yesterday I was blocked from posting a picture on a facebook group called ..".Needlepoint Embellishing"......It was my "Four Dolls on The Beach" that sports the hand painted button heads.
I have been very active in trying new things in embellishing. When I started Squiggee Designs on ebay in 2004, the only embellishments were on the little angels by Painted Pony. I went wild, beads, charms, ribbons feathers and anything else I could think of to enhance the Squiggee Canvases. Embellishing was new and I had great fun with it.
I had bought some button heads, they were plastic and cute I used them on some flip flops with two of the original dolls. .Then I had an idea to find more refinded button heads for a canvas with four girls in old fashion swimsuits. Well the cost was outragious and they really didn't match my girls...so I found plain white buttons with shanks painting my own faces to match the bathing costumes. The best part no two faces are exactly alike since they are hand painted. A few have had a bit of a smirk, a slip of the brush, but hardly abusive.
I guess I missed the part that made these cuties abusive...all  the girls are well covered never using bad language or gestures...oh well who knows..
OMG.I think one of the dolls winked at me...and gave gave me a furtive look.......

oxoxoxo
Squiggee

No comments: