Thursday, November 19, 2015

SELFIES........What the F*****K !



As an artist, and a rather creative being, I am observant. However, some things just slip through the cracks.
Maybe it's a result of spending  a lot of time in the studio painting canvases.  I  found the above cartoon/illustration in the New York Times.  Of course there was a commentary that went with it, but posting a professional writers commentary isn't my style.
   The crux of this commentary was about the overuse of the "selfie stick"  At first I thought this was a joke, but upon perusing Amazon.com's website I found that you can actually purchase these things.  I kid you not.     We live in AZ., and in our neighborhood selfies are not a problem.  Nor are they encouraged.  Most of these folks are still having issues with email attachments.
    The larger issue goes something like this.
What kind of person is so enamored with themselves that they would take a picture of themselves to store on their phone.  Is there some need within these folks to, willy nilly, just have some urgent desire to look at themselves.  Oh, by all means, let's preserve this bit of wonderfulness, which is a pix of moi posturing and being, how can I delicately phrase this, just being my wonderful self.
  You catch my drift, of course.The name says it all.  "SELFIE".  It's all about Me, Me, Me!  I am fabulous and having fun in my own little world.  And you missed out!

I seldom take pictures.  I take pictures of my designs and occasionally pictures of the dogs.  Other than that, I am one of those strange birds that would much rather just enjoy life.  I certainly don't need a picture to remind me that I had a good time.  I am just as content to enjoy the view..  Every waking minute of it doesn't need to be recorded for the huddled masses to view after my demise.  Pssst! Do I sound a trifle snarky?
     Oh well, sometimes technology just goes a step too far.  It's usefulness is up for debate.

xoxo Squiggee

Have a Nice Day!

No comments: