Sunday, November 15, 2015

I'M BACK !!!!

OK people...I have been hearing from all sorts ...have you retired...died...fallen into a deep coma...or just gotten so old that you forgot how to log in to your blog.....
Glad you asked...none of the above , although age does  it's toll... sometimes I CAN'T REMEMBER WHERE I PUT MY SHOES, OR THE CHARGING CORD TO MY KINDLE...that little cord always seems to be tucked away and safe in a new place. Painting and designing needlepoint seem to be intact.
This last year has been filled with, regrouping and painting non-stop. When we took 
Squiggee and gcHendrix Designs back in house, we really had no idea of what to expect.
We have been so busy.
One big change; we have consolidated the two lines under Squiggee Designs...all the stock numbers for the gch line will stay the same but they are now part of  Squiggee.This was the best move, since the Squiggee name seems to be most recognizable  and face it , people like to say 
Squiggeeeeeeeeeee..lol....Who knew such a silly , funny little name would someday take over...
Mr. Squiggee is ,as always, my right hand man and keeps track of the day to day , talking with all the shops, and without him I would be in a sorry state.
All sorts of wonderful things have come to light this past year, New Shops and older shops with new owners....fun to work with and a joy to paint for. There has been a darker side to
dealing with some shops on a one to one basis without the buffer of a distributor. Somewhere
along the way, rudeness has become fashionable. Well, we have a saying here in Squiggeeland.." Squiggee is Not Home to Mr. Rude". Simply put, If You Can't Behave Like An Adult....find another Company to shop for your canvas needs. I have seen the darker side of the business first hand and 
I won't play !   
When I started in this business in 1972, the needlepoint community consisted of Women that knew how  behave like ladies. It was a very positive business that gave great joy and 
happiness to the stitching community.. The artist had status , and value. I actually looked forward to going to work and making
people happy. This is still what drives me still, which is kind of funny, considering all of the turmoil in this business, particularly the wholesale side of the business, which I entered some 15 years ago. I am, as they say, "old school', where courtesy and politeness matter, and must be preserved.  I take a lot of pride in what I create. Standards must prevail. I never been one of those that followed the crowd.   "what you see, is what you get".  That's as simple and as complicated as it gets".
  We got big plans for Squiggee in 2016, so stay tuned.

P.S- I shall try to get back to blogging .  Obviously I have been missed.

No comments: