Saturday, November 28, 2015

An artist's Cake !!!







I  have always been the creator in my family. The above picture is a cake I baked and made a little cat artist with easel for my Uncles birthday. He  was my step-father's youngest brother. He worked for the railroad in an administration capacity , and painted  at his leisure. After WWII he studied painting in Paris, then  returned to the states and finished college. As a child I admired his talent, his paintings were very unusual, filled with great style and emotion .On my 16th birthday Uncle Ralph presented me with a painting of three white horses in a forest of dark greens and an amazing filter of light streaming through the trees. I was truly touched by his talent.We had this strong connection  both being creative and looking at the world differently from others.  He was always interested in my progress of becoming an artist. He and my mother were my own personal fan club.When I started college and my studies at the Corcoran, Uncle Ralph was as excited as I was. Ralph passed on a year ago , but the memories of all talks are still with me.He was a wonderful influence and someone that really listened.He told me once , that becoming an artist full time , was too stressful for him. He seemed to be so pleased when I told my parents this was to be my path. He and I shared something very special , a rare friendship.
xoxoxoxox,
Squiggee

No comments: