Monday, April 7, 2014

Just A Lazy Day by The River

A Toad,  a Mole,  a Rat and a Badger, just having a great time with tea and scones on a Summer's Day in England.....When I first started  painting needlepoint in the early 70's..Beatrix Potter and Pooh was the rage, and I was well informed since my mother taught us how to read with Peter Rabbit and Pooh.Wind and the Willows was not part of my childhood, so it has been fun to research the characters......I think my favorite is the badger...since I have never seen one...and we have lived in some rural areas...but then I bet a lot of Squiggers have not seen a Javelina  pig we have here in Tucson...an ancestor of a wild boar that Henry the Eight hunted...lol...they are big and ugly and fascinating....they smell bad and the dogs go crazy when one is in the hood...Mr. Squiggee bought me the most marvelous Javelina  pig crafted in metal for the garden....Omar likes to check him out and stare at him.....he doesn't have a name yet.....Jose seemed to generic...and he has not made it to the garden , because Twinkle thinks he is real outside so he lives on the glass coffee table and she has accepted him there...we have an unusual household...lol...
the needlepoint is painted on 18st and is 12sq and done for a customer in NC at Adornment Np....

No comments: